Wednesday, November 11, 2009

You can make a difference in your child’s future!



I would like to introduce you to "Big Universe".
.
.
.

Big Universe® is an award-winning web community devoted to beautiful children's picture books, online. Teachers, students, parents, authors, and others can share and learn while they enjoy this educational and entertaining website.

http://www.biguniverse.com/

.
.

Their Mission:

Our mission to provide the engaging education to young children around the world by leveraging emerging technologies such as the Internet, mobile devices and more.

.
.

Their Products:

Big Universe Reader - Read hundreds of fiction and nonfiction children's books online.
Big Universe Author - Create and publish your own books using our fun and easy to use authoring tool.

.
.
.

Growing up, my favorite books were “Where the wild things are” and “Dr Suess Books”.


Books bring a child’s imagination alive. It helps them create who they will become!

I know it brought my imagination to life as a child, and with my parents permission I drew & painted animated characters on my bedroom walls and I loved it.

I did the same for my children when they were young. I let them pick what characters they wanted. It was so fun. Plus my children remember it to this day and they are now 23, 25 & 27. It left a lasting impression on them. How cool is that.

.
.

Some children just don’t want to read. I had a son who was that way, it took a while to figure why he did not want to read his work for school or read period. I finally just asked him after months of why will you not read your books we get you?
His answer was a simple one, “that is not what I want to read”. Wow, how easy was that.


Open communication is a big key to reading too.

So when I took my son to the library again to get books, I let him pick what he was interested in reading, IT WORKED!! He was reading what he found of interest and it helped improve his reading at school as well.

Plus, instead of me always reading to my children, I let them take turns reading to me their books. It was so much fun seeing them grow with knowledge.


This is why I am writing about “Big Universe” & how important it is for children!

.
.
.

Big Universe has so many wonderful Books & Programs for your child to learn from. One of the books to share with your children today to let them know that they can be anything that they want to be! http://www.biguniverse.com/readkidsbooks/read/36/dm

Reading with children from a young age encourages early literacy, this is essential in everyday life, for young and old. The earlier that you start reading with your child the better.

It is vital to read to your child at least 15 minutes a day. As the old saying goes “children learn by example”. So be an example to your child or grandchild. Show them that reading is important and FUN!

.
.
.
.

This is an announcement from Big Universe:

Hello Big Universe Fans,

We have a HUGE announcement! Starting in November, at the end of each week, we will be rewarding FIVE active fans weekly. These five lucky fans will win a FREE One month PREMIUM membership to Big Universe.

Along with your membership, you will also get to enjoy all of our new, great features such as quizzes and assessments, automated reading logs, free publishing, and much more!

Everyone will be a winner just by participating in sharing, but you can boost your chance at winning this GREAT prize just by following these three easy guidelines:

1. Unique posts and replies throughout the week.
2. Posting unique, and relevant information (Blogs, Videos, Articles, etc.)
that Big Universe fans can learn from and enjoy.
3. Overall activity and contribution to the fan page.

We can't wait to make our weekly contest a huge success so that we can continue to give lucky winners FREE accounts, and eventually BIGGER prizes every week! So, be sure to suggest the fan page to all of your friends for more chances to win.

Happy Posting!
The Big Universe Team


.
.
.
.
.

“No skill is more crucial to the future of a child, or to a democratic and prosperous society, than literacy.”
~Los Angeles Times~


So what are you waiting for? Go to visit “Big Universe” and get the Reading Bug started!

.
.

You can make a difference in your child’s future!


http://www.biguniverse.com/

.
.
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment